Monday, February 23, 2009

Hospital Visit

Tonight J.R. and I went to visit the labor and delivery unit of the hospital. We both like what we saw and heard. The labor/delivery area was new, and there is a new wing of postpartum rooms, so now there are wings on two floors. Everything seems pretty similar to where we had Ben. We'll deliver in one room, the baby will be cleaned up right in that room, then we'll move to a private room for two days. He'll have his hearing test and circumcision, and we'll start his vaccinations. At this hospital, there will be a nurse just for me. Security sounds great too. If my postpartum floor is different than the one I deliver on, J.R., my nurse and a security guard go with the baby in a secure and locked elevator, so the baby is never away from me/J.R. Not that we really want him too, but Ben would be allowed in the delivery room with us. Hopefully grandma will be here before I deliver so she can watch Ben either in the waiting room or at home, but it's nice to know we have that option available if we need it. He's also allowed to visit anytime, and so are other children. Two more big pluses...cable and wireless internet! J.R. and I are happy with our visit. It'll be a good fit for us.

No comments: