Tuesday, September 30, 2008

First OB Visit

Yesterday I had my first OB visit. All is well, but the visit was actually pretty sad. I really like this doctor that I'm seeing, and was looking forward to going through my pregnancy with her. It's a shame that 72 midwives, doctors, nurses and staff are going to lose their jobs in an area where we truly need them. I may have to have my baby at a hospital where the doctor delivering won't remember my name even after having looked at my chart 5 times. The nurses won't know what room I'm in or remember who my baby is. I'm disappointed. And I'm sad not just for my family, but I'm sad for those losing their jobs 3 weeks before Thanksgiving. It's just rough. Stupid high-cost insurance! Anyway, I've been getting some advice on new hospitals, so now I have to look into finding a new doctor affiliation.

My appointment did go well though, like I said. She didn't confirm a due date, but did say I was just barely 11 weeks. My uterus is where it should be and she tried to find a heartbeat, but couldn't "get it to stay". I was nervous that we wouldn't be able to hear it. I really need to hear it to assure myself that everything is OK. I did hear half a "whirl", and the doctor didn't say she couldn't find it at all, so I do feel a little better. I'm anxious for my next appointment though.

Ben has no idea what is going on, but he's begun to kiss my belly. It's ridiculously cute!

No comments: