Sunday, September 7, 2008

Happy Grandparents Day!

J.R. and I said when Ben turned one we'd try for another baby. We waited just a short time, then I became totally baby obsessed. A friend in the neighborhood had a baby right after Ben's birthday, and two friends at work had summer babies. So, I checked out the pregnancy calendars on the Internet and figured out when I was ovulating, when the baby, if conceived, would be due, (if I'd have enough vacation time to take for maternity leave) and if pregnant, when I could get a pregnancy test. It was crazy, but so funny. Anyway, according to the Internet, I could get a pregnancy test done August 12, so I made an appointment for August 15. Not pregnant. I almost told the doctor she was wrong. I was sure I was pregnant. I was even getting tired easily and felt different, well, let's just say I felt different, and of course, I was late. She said I could come back the next week and try again. I waited two weeks. J.R. stayed home with Ben that day because daycare was closed, so they both came with me to my 8:00 AM appointment. By now, morning sickness was entering the picture (which stinks by the way - didn't have it with Ben, and I'm telling you, I just don't care for it). The doctor scared me at first because she came into the office saying "What are you here for today" which was exactly what she said the first time. This time, she hadn't checked my sample. So, she checked it, came back, and said I was pregnant! YAY! J.R. and I kissed immediately. We are very excited.


I started telling everyone immediately. Everyone that is, except our parents. We wanted a fun way to tell them. J.R. made Grandparents Day cards and we mailed them out earlier this week. All three of them received their cards on Friday which was great. AND Friday was my birthday so it was a really fun day to celebrate.


I look at Ben everyday and think about how much of a blessing he is. We are all thrilled to have God bless us again with another child. I'm looking forward to the pregnancy as well - I absolutely loved being pregnant with Ben. I just pray this pregnancy goes as well and this new baby is just as healthy. Please pray for us as well!
Me at 7 weeks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What's the due date? We need this important info! I hope you're feeling well Dawn. Talk to you soon!