Monday, January 12, 2009

Boy Toys

Ben is very into cars right now. I was shopping for Ben's Christmas stocking, and went to the toy department to look for a couple of Matchbox cars. Well, I almost walked right past them. I'm so used to walking past the boy toys and straight to the girl toys or games. Boy toys were totally uninteresting to me. Now I look down at Ben's playtoys here at the house, and that's all there are...boy toys!

Ben was very fortunate at Christmas and received loads of new toys We put away the baby toys, and J.R. put a bunch of other toys in a tub, and in a few months, we'll take them out so it's like he has new toys all over again. That, and because we don't have much room for them. When I looked at the cleaned toy space in our bedroom (we have a pile of toys in every room of the house) all the cute little animals were gone, all the musical instruments were gone. All that was left was cars, trucks and a construction site! It was so surprising to me. I mean, I have a boy, and I'm going to have another one, so the fact that the floor was filled with trucks didn't completely surprise me. I guess what was so compelling to me, was that all the little boy stuff was gone. My baby isn't a baby anymore. He's a toddler. He's growing up. Sigh.

No comments: