Monday, February 15, 2010

I don't know how to relax

J.R. took Ben to bed tonight so that I could watch 24. So I watched it. The boys are asleep so I have time to myself!! However, I'm not feelin' it. The Winter Olympics are on this week. I LOVE the Olympics!! I almost had to force myself to turn it on. Figure skating is on!! I love figure skating but it's not doing anything for me. I kinda want to go to bed. Can you believe it? All 3 boys are asleep. I have the house to myself. I could be doing anything! Nope. Facebook is boring me, and I don't feel like reading my email. I'm not right...

Last weekend I thought I'd take a bath. It's been 5 years since I've had a bathtub. It's been longer since I took a nice bath. J.R. made sure I had the bathroom to myself. I drew the water, got in, said ahhhh, and that was the end of luxury. I looked at my toes sticking out of the water. My right toenail was longer than my left toenail. "I have to cut that," I thought. So I put that on my to do list. It reminded me I need to cut the boys' nails. So I put that on my to do list. I decided to read - I did remember to bring reading material in with me. Did I read a novel? A Dean Koontz book? Some smutty quick read? No. I read my Parenting magazine....you know, so I can get tips on how to be a good mom. I enjoy my Parenting magazines, but it wasn't necessarily pleasure reading. Then, after sitting in the tub for a while, I realized I was too hot. I sat up, I put one leg out of the water, finally, I had enough. I pulled the plug and got out. What's my problem?

No comments: