Friday, February 15, 2008

So much to say!!

Oh gosh, it's been a while....so sorry. So, let's see....where to start. How 'bout a picture of my favorite Valentine?




Little cutie :)


Ok, to catch up....let's blog about fun visits first. A couple of weeks ago we met our friends Kelly, Bill, Molly and Ben at KOP mall. We haven't been together for awhile so it was great fun. We put Ben in his stroller without the car seat for the first time. He looked so cute sitting up in it. Here's a pic.




and another picture of Ben at the dinner table - we ate at Rock Bottom Brewery.



I just think this picture is cute :) Last weekend we went to Grandma and Grandpa's house. It was nice. Ben did well during the car trips, and in his pack and play with the new mattress. He got to hang with Uncle Steve, Aunt Megan, Aunt Sandy and Uncle Bob too. Ben was very entertaining at dinner at Aunt Sandy's. Friday night Ben was showing off his best millitary crawl. I thought he'd full on crawl by the end of the weekend, but even as of tonight, he's really not yet. He'll go one or two "steps" with his arms, then fall down.


Next, the daycare saga again. Last Thurs. and Fri. Ben vomitted at daycare and had to be picked up early. I received a note that said he couldn't come back until he had a doctor's note. So, I took Monday morning off from work to take him. I told the Dr. that a few babies went home and one had the GI thing going around, but she still said he was fine (I knew it!! especially considering he was fine the whole rest of the weekend), however, he does have a little ear infection. So I took him back to daycare Monday and I think the director was in shock that we were there. I told her we had a note from the Dr. saying he was fine, but did have a non contagious ear infection. Then she asked me to go home and get some tylenol, and after I brought that in she asked me to go fill his ear perscription and bring it in. When I returned for the third time, Ben was screaming. I think he was just really hungry, but before I left someone came to feed him - both of his stage 2 foods mixed together, which I don't ever feed him so much at once, but oh well. When I told them I don't feed him that much at once and maybe that was a reason why he throws up, I got a very nasty - "No, there was a virus going around". Whatever. So Wednesday I'm told through my daily note that not only did Ben cry all day, but he cried so much at nap time that he kept all the other babies up. So?? What do you want me to do about it?? Sooth him for goodness sake! I mean, I know you can't do it all the time, but if he's keeping everyone else up, either take him out of the room or actually pick him up and comfort him. When I got him home and unpacked his cooler bag, only one bottle was empty. Gee, think maybe he cried so much because he was hungry? So Thursday I called them (the director and other room teachers aren't there in the morning when I drop him off) and asked them about it. I also said, very nicely, that if he was eating enough cereal and solid food and didn't need the other bottles, I'm ok with that, but I was only given "Oh, he couldn't have had just one bottle, that's just not true". Well, I sent four full bottles, three full bottles came back and one empty bottle came back. You tell me what's true. Another teacher got on the phone and said he had one in the morning, and one at naptime. I told her (again) that only one empty came back. Here response was, and I'm quoting exact - "Another baby has bottles that look just like his"!!!! Ben is drinking someone else's milk (more likely formula)!!! I'm horrified!!! J.R. and I just don't know where to go with this. We are afraid to tell the owner because we don't want any backlash to Ben. I haven't seen the director since then, so maybe I'll just bring it up to her when I see her.

Well, J.R. says I'm a blogging machine, and he turned out the light and rolled over. I guess that's my cue to stop typing now. More tomorrow!

Oh - It's been two months today since I put Angel down. :(

1 comment:

Linda said...

Nice picture with the reflection of baby's face!