Sunday, February 24, 2008

Weekend at Grammie's


We thought a snowstorm would keep up from visiting Grammie on her 60th birthday, but no way! We left Saturday morning and arrived in time for dinner. We had a great night. Dinner was excellent and spending time with family was unforgettable. We celebrated with Lisa, Joe & Brooke, Nana, Memiere, Auntie Linda, Uncle George, Kelley & Cam, and of course Mom and Ronnie - aka Grammie and Pepere. I'm so glad we were able to make it. I made a fun video for my mom celebrating her life. It was a nice way to end the night. Ben did great in the car, sleeping for most of the 5 1/2 hour trip. Watching Baby Einstein on the portable DVD player helped too. We turned right around and came back home today. We had a nice breakfast with Grammie, Pepere, Auntie Lisa, Uncle Joe and Brooke before heading out. Again, Ben did fantastic in the car, sleeping for most of the 6 hour trip, along with watching a little Baby Bach. Happy Birthday Mom! It was great to spend time with you and we can't wait until Easter!

1 comment:

Cindy Worley said...

Love this pic, am so glad you made it there for the birthday, I had spoken to nana and she said they were going to NH, I did mail your mom a birthday card with a note, hope she had a wonderful celebration.. the BIG SIX OHHHHH .. I have to enjoy it when she hits the big one's before me lol...love ya