Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Most Amazing Year




I don't even know where to begin. This year has been amazing. I bore a life. A tiny human being. Something I created. God granted me the power, the gift, to create life and bring it into this world. What an amazing gift. Thank you, Lord. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't thank God for everything he has blessed me with. I'm telling you, if you don't believe there is a God, give birth.


A year ago I was sitting in a hospital room, staring at this new life before me. I'd dreamed about that day for years! I couldn't stop looking at him. I kept kissing him and touching him and holding him. I'm still kissing him and touching him and holding him! J.R. and I are still to this day commenting on how awesome he is and how blessed we are. I just love him SO much. I can't imagine my life without him.


Each night at bedtime, we listen to a lullaby CD. Most recently our favorite is Jim Brickman's Disney CD. My favorite song is one Wayne Brady sings. Tonight I listened to it, as Ben lay asleep in my lap. I cried and cried.


From the moment I saw you From the moment I looked into your eyes

There was something about you I knew, I knew

That you were once in a lifetime A treasure near impossible to find

And I know how lucky I am to have you


Cause I've seen rainbows that could take your breath away

The beauty of the setting sun, that ends a perfect day

And when it comes to shooting stars I have seen a few

But I've never seen anything as beautiful as you


I love you, Ben. No matter what happens, I will always, always love you.

1 comment:

Kent Jacobs said...

Dawn,
Thanks for the comment...You were the first!
Anyways, I decided to hop over and check out your blog in hopes of learning from a professional. I like the way you've documented Ben's first year. Our little girl is 5 1/2 months old now and we love her to pieces. Hope to meet you guys soon.... you seem like fun people. lol

God bless,
K