Friday, June 13, 2008

New Daycare

Ben started a new daycare today - hooray! I just found out that the daycare where I work will now take 12 month old babies. I'm so excited. It's cheaper, and he'll be so close to me. And...they feed him! It's great. If there is something going on at work, I can pick him up and bring him. If I miss him and want to stop by, I can, although I wouldn't want to interrupt his routine, so I probably won't. I was able to visit a few weeks ago to check it out and everyone was so nice. All the teachers are certified and have been there for years. We went for 1/2 a day today, so that Ben could meet the other kids and teachers, and they could see what he's like. He had a great day. They said he played well with the other kids and he didn't fuss. He had french toast and an apple slice for breakfast and pizza and spinach for lunch. However, he wasn't digging the spinach. I picked him up as they were finishing, and he was throwing it on the ground. I took him back to the office for the rest of the day. He got to visit with a bunch of students and my co-workers. He had a ball. He was walking all over the place, laughing and playing games. Such a cutie. Since I picked him up before his nap, I was able to get him to sleep for about 20 minutes in the office. I found something for Julie to use her leftover Spring Fling t-shirts for.

Ben's first official day at the new daycare is Monday. For the next five weeks, I'll be putting him in for 3 days (saving me more money). I'm going to work from home two days next week, and one day the week after. After that, I have a bunch of vacation time I'm taking, which allows me to be able to do this. I'm so thankful that my bosses are letting me do this!

No comments: