Sunday, November 16, 2008

Happy Halloween

I wanted to post some Halloween pictures in my last post, but ran out of time while blogging. So, here is the 2nd part of what I wanted to post before....Ben's 2nd Halloween! While my mom was visiting, she bought this costume for him. Isn't he just the world's cutest cow?!?!!He wasn't real happy when we took the picture - I think we interrupted his playtime or something. I still think he looks cute! I'm not real crazy about the costumes with the heads on top of them, but this costume was just so cute!

At the end of the month, our friends Kelly, Bill, Molly and Ben came to the zoo with us for Boo at the Zoo. We had a great time visiting, especially since we hadn't seen each other for a while. Boo at the Zoo was a trick or treating event at the zoo. There were different candy/snack stations all around the zoo, so Ben went trick or treating for the first time. Although, I do have to say, mom did most of the trick or treating! I tried to get Ben to hold out his bag, but he was more interested in playing with it, so I mostly took his bag and went to the tables myself. Here are some pictures of the day.

Ben and J.R. when we first arrived at the zoo. (I love this picture!!!)
Even though you can't see Ben's face, it's a cute picture of the whole costume. Ben always seems to fall asleep at the zoo.
Me and Ben, my little moo-cow!
Ben really knows a lot of animal sounds, so what made his costume more cute was when we would ask him what a cow says. He'd pucker up his lips and say "oooo". So cute.
Ben can also oink like a pig, roar like a lion/tiger, woof like a dog, quack like a duck, growl like a bear (and show his little claws), baa like a sheep, chomp like an alligator (he moves his hands like an alligator chomping), ooh ooh ah ah like a monkey (while raising his arms up a little and bouncing them) roar like an elephant (and raise his arm like it's the elephant's trunk), meow like a cat, stick his tongue out like a lizard (as previously posted about - check out the video if you haven't seen it), and hiss like a snake. We are trying to get him to neigh like a horse, tweet/chirp like a bird, and today I started working on a turkey gobble and associating it with Happy Thanksgiving. He's identifying quite a few body parts too, and does motions for at least 4 songs that I know of. He's not talking too much, but his signs are coming along pretty well. I can't believe he's 17 months old -he's getting so grown up :)

No comments: