Tuesday, November 18, 2008

S/he moves!

Yup, the little one is moving around :) I thought I felt movement yesterday at work, but I thought, "Nah - it's just because I'm reading something right now about baby movements". Then last night, I was lying in bed and my arm was on top of my belly. I thought I felt something move, right through my arm (not kicking my arm, but kinda vibrating through...kinda hard to explain). I took my arm off and thought, "Nah, it wouldn't be a strong enough kick to kick my arm. Must have just been my stomach digesting dinner". Then I waited for a while, and felt it again, really concentrating this time. It was definitely baby. It really is hard to tell because at this stage, it feels more like bubbles or stomach movements or some women even say popcorn. I really thought about it though, and it was definitely baby. I thought about keeping it a secret from J.R., then in a few weeks when the baby is big enough to kick through my stomach, just reaching for his arm and surprising him with a kick. But, he was laying next to me, and I looked over at him and smiled. He looked at me and I could see he was thinking "What's up with her", so I told him, through happy tears, that I felt the baby move.

This makes me feel good in a couple of ways. It feels great because it's just a fun thing, but I'm really nervous right now about the baby's health, so it's reassuring to know he or she is bouncing around in there.

No comments: