Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Playing and Sleeping

Sorry it's been a while. I feel like nothing new is happening, but I've been busy all the same.

The Masque's show opened this weekend, so I've spent a lot of time at school. It's Picasso at the Lapin Agile. It's a comedy by Steve Martin. Once again...The Masque kicks butt. It's a funny show - it's very Steve Martin. My students were great in it. Many of the lines just rolled of their tongues like it was natural...like they weren't acting...which I guess is what should happen in a good show, right? I'm proud of them, all of them; the actors, the techies (the set was beautiful) and the rest of the crew who made it all happen. I'm proud to be their adviser.

Ben is as cute as ever. He's been going to bed (mostly on his own, partly our doing) between 8:00 and 9:00 PM for the past week. It's been great. He's sleeping through the night better too. Note the word "better". Some nights he's slept all night, some not, but when not, he's only up long enough for one of us to soothe him, then he's down again. Last night he was up for about 45 minutes, but that's been the worst for a while. Phew!

J.R. saw Ben standing by himself a couple of times towards the end of last week. I finally saw him do it Saturday. It was pretty cool. I don't have a picture of it yet, but I'm working on it. His daycare report said he stood by himself today, too. Then tonight, he stood alone for about 10 seconds. I'm excited. I think he'll be walking before he's a year old. Daycare thinks so too. The other cute thing he's been doing is grabbing whatever he's standing against, and rocking side to side. He's doing it sitting on my lap too (my nose has been hit more than once when I try rocking opposite him) but when he's standing it's really funny. He's even picking up his feet now when he does it. He's going to be quite the dancer I think!

I've been sick for the past couple of days so today I slept in a little and brought Ben to daycare late. All the babies were playing on the floor. I gave Ben over to the teachers and put all his stuff away. They were teasing, telling Ben I should have called to say he was going to be late because they were sad thinking he might not be in. Friendly Ben they called him. What a switch, hey? What a relief I say. Then the director told me Ben is on his way to being Infant of the Month. I have no idea what that means, but it's pretty cool nonetheless. When I was leaving, Ben was booking it across the floor, under the table. Pretty cute.

TTFN

No comments: