Friday, May 2, 2008

Baby steps

Long story short, (because there are more important things to say) Ben is sick, possibly a slight case of croup. I really think it's just a bad cold. J.R. picked him up early from day care yesterday because he threw up 3 times (if food is fresh in him, he spits up a bit when he coughs), and although we called the doctor and we have a note, I kept him home today. Only because we rethought the barking cough, but again today, I was assured by the nurse he is fine (small attitude from daycare, but whatever).

OK - on to the cool stuff....Ben took a couple of steps by himself both yesterday and today!!! Wow! Yesterday J.R. had him and he let go of J.R. to get to the activity table. Today he let go of, oh I don't even remember, but he took two steps to get to me. He stands up by himself quite a bit, so I think his steps were mostly letting go of something and stumbling to something else (although it didn't look like a stumble), but still, pretty cool. Other than that, he is just starting to be OK with me holding his arms while he puts one foot in front of the other.

Another fun thing today....he made his first wall art! I should have taken a picture. His hands were a mess from eating baby spaghetti and his high chair is right next to the kitchen wall. Cute now, I'm sure it won't be later.

J.R. thinks it's sad when I blog and don't post a picture, so here's a couple of shots for ya.

1 comment:

JR said...

And here I thought you loved me. ;)