Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Aaron's first doctor's visit

We took Aaron for his first Dr's appt. on Monday. He's doing well, but he is still down in weight, now weighing 8 lbs. 4 oz. The Dr. wants us to come back on Thursday for a weight check. She gave me some breast feeding tips and told me to try and feed him more often during the day. She also said his jandice isn't that bad. I told her we are putting him in the afternoon sun for a few minutes each day and she said that's fine. Nothing to worry about there. I did have a question about his eyes, as he had some awful goop in one of them. I thought I might have pink eye, so I was worried. The Dr. thinks he has some blocked tear ducts, nothing unusual. She told me to massage his eyes a bit, however, this can last in infants for several months. Massaging may push open the ducts a bit, even if temporarily. If we have to, it can be treated.

Here's a pic of Aaron sunbathing.

No comments: