Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Due Date!

I asked J.R. to take a picture of me tonight, but he didn't. If he had, you'd see me standing there, hair back in a messy ponytail; no make up, bright red nose and tired eyes; a Phish t-shirt and fleece pajama pants; and a big round belly. Yup, a big round belly. Today is "40 weeks and 0 days pregnant" according to the little ticker at the bottom of my blog, and still no baby. I thought 2nd babies weren't usually late, or came earlier than 1st babies?

I still feel good, so I'm OK. I went to the Dr.'s yesterday and I'm 3 cm dilated. The Dr. tried to help me along a little, but I guess it didn't work, or at least not work immediately. She also said she was on-call today and would love to deliver my baby. She's my favorite Dr. at the practice, so I would have loved to have had her deliver. It's 11PM now, and I don't see me having a baby before midnight.

I went to work both yesterday and today and plan to go in tomorrow as long as things haven't started. I've only been going in for 1/2 days. I'm still sleeping like crap, but now it's because of this stupid head cold and coughing fits! Early this morning I ended up sleeping mostly upright on the couch because my cough, J.R.'s cough and J.R.'s snoring kept me awake in the bedroom. I did wake up to the cutest face in the world staring at me with a big smile. I was still tired, but couldn't sleep because Ben wanted to crawl all over me, and when he wasn't, I could hear Ben and J.R. playing. I sat on the couch for a while staring at nothing, and not a lot of energy to do anything around the house. So, I figured I'd go into work. I got a few things done, went to a meeting and felt productive, so I feel I made the right decision. Besides, I'd rather keep going to work and then I have the full 12 weeks after the baby is born to stay home with him. I can stay home for more of the summer as well!

I'm certainly ready now though. I got to go to all the events at school that I wanted to go to this weekend. I have all my work finished in such a way that it's easy for someone to pick up where I left off. At home, the bassinet is up and we bought a plastic chest-of-drawers to put more baby clothes in. My suitcase is not only packed, but it's in the car. Now all I need, is a new baby.

No comments: