Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Teacher's Pet

I had another doctor's appointment yesterday. I didn't have her check to me to see how far along I am - I'm not sure I want to know how close, or how far, I am. I measured at 38 which is perfect, and my blood pressure was great. So...I'm healthy :) My next appointment is Monday.

We had a parent teacher conference today with Ben's daycare teacher. She said to us, "Don't tell anyone, but Ben is my favorite". Of course, I'm telling everyone :) She says she loves Ben because he loves to learn from her and is good at taking direction, although he also likes to see what he can get away with, and that makes her laugh. She says he is very good when she tries to get him to stop doing something he shouldn't - like if he has something he's not supposed to have. She'll just say his name and tell him he's not supposed to have something or to bring it back and he just kind of looks at her like, "are you for real...oh, alright" and does whatever she says. They interact well together it sounds like. We, both J.R. and I and school, are going to continue working on colors and numbers with him. We all know he recognizes the color blue, but I'm concerned he's not picking up the rest. And numbers...he's been counting along for a long time now, especially because they count at school when they wash their hands, and Ben LOVES to wash his hands. However, he hasn't ever really said the numbers. Now he does say "two" and "nine". J.R. and I want him to be able to say 1-10 for right now. The only bad report the teacher gave us was that he pushes. However, she didn't really bring it up as a bad thing - she didn't seem concerned. I certainly don't want him to push though. She says he'll do it when one girl, in particular, tries to hug him. He doesn't want it so he pushes her away. The teacher says he'll also push sometimes just to get attention. I guess it is age appropriate but I still don't like it.

One thing we really notice Ben is starting to do is actually sing songs. He's been "singing" songs for a while now, but it's really been more motions then him actually saying anything. He's verbalizing a lot more now. Most of it we can only understand because we know what he's trying to sing, but, that makes it even more cute. Last night, he came into the bedroom and started twirling around then said "down" and fell to the ground. He was playing "Ring Around the Rosie". Of course he got J.R. and I to play with him after awhile. Here's some video of him doing it. I tried not to sing to much, because I wanted to capture him singing, but he wouldn't really do anything unless I sang.


We also went to the "Please Touch" museum last week. Here are some pictures from that.





No comments: