Saturday, January 19, 2008

Writing for Therapy

Ben's sick...again. His cold is back, and he has the beginnings of pink eye. Fortunately we caught it early, and the medicine is already working. It's going around I guess. We called the Dr.'s office at 9 AM and we were the third pink eye call. J.R. got his hair cut today and his hairdresser said her daughter's day care sent a note home saying its going around. The poor little guy is just not himself. He did take a 2 hour and 45 minute nap today though. I'm hoping he feels better soon - I'm really excited to see my yoga friends on Monday. I can't go if Ben has something the other babies can catch. sigh....

I heard this song the other day and for the first time, really listened to its lyrics. It's called "In my Arms" by Plum. It's beautiful.

Your baby blues, so full of wonder
Your curly cues, your contagious smile
And as I watch, you start to grow up
All I can do is hold you tight

Knowing clouds will rage
And storms will race in but you will be safe in my arms
Rains will pour down, waves will crash all around
But you will be safe in my arms

Story books full of fairy tales
Of kings and queens and the bluest skies
My heart is torn just in knowing
You'll someday see the truth from lies

When the clouds will rage
And storms will race in but you will be safe in my arms
Rains will pour down, waves will crash all around
But you will be safe in my arms

Castles they might crumble
Dreams my not come true
But you are never all alone
Because I will always, always love you

When the clouds will rage
And storms will race in but you will be safe in my arms
Rains will pour down, waves will crash all around
But you will be safe in my arms, in my arms

This song couldn't hit home harder for me right now. I worry about Ben all the time, I pray I'm doing a good job as a mom. I want to raise him right - I want him to be a kind, loving, strong boy...then man. I'm excited to raise him as a Christian. It's funny because I'm in a field where I deal with "helicopter parents" and I've said I won't be like that, but man, I just want to be with him and make sure nothing bad happens to him. I hate it that he's sick, that his skin is so sensitive, that he cries at day care.... Ben means the world to me. I can't imagine my life without him. I don't want to live without him.

There is definitely much love in this household, and he will grow up knowing that. God has truly blessed my life, and that is why I know Ben will be just fine.


I do want to take a moment to ask everyone reading this to keep my elementary/high school friend Tammy and her family in your prayers. Tammy has lost her sister, and another sister's son and daughter in a horrible, horrible tragedy. The news just isn't getting any better for the family either. It really saddens me and is weighing heavily on my heart. Pray that they will be comforted by God's presence.

Peace.

No comments: