Thursday, January 17, 2008

Let it Snow!

I was at work for an hour today when I got the phone call to pick up Ben. He was burning up and had vomited all over day care's carpet. So I picked him up about an hour later, took him home, and took his temp. 98.6. No fever. He did feel a little warm though and he is catching a cold again. In fact, later on this evening, his eye was crusted shut. He's got some kind of goop going on. I'll have to call the Dr. tomorrow.

I feel really bad that we don't take Chloe to the park that much anymore, so when it started to snow this afternoon, I promised her I'd take her around 6:00, thinking there would be other dogs there. There wasn't, but wanted to get outside before the snow turned to sleet, then rain. I also need to admit, I really wanted to bundle Ben in his little snowsuit and take him out. We haven't had any real snow for him to use it. So, out the three of us went. We didn't stay out too long, because of Ben being sick, plus, the snow was changing to sleet. I did take these pictures though.


On another note, J.R. has begun classes again. He took an English writing class last spring, then took some time off to spend with the baby. Now he's taking a Business Presentations class - basically public speaking for business majors. I'm very excited for him. I think he'll do well. I'm proud of him too - it takes a lot to go back to school after so much time off and having so many responsibilities at home. Since I've been at La Salle for a while now, J.R. can take classes for free.
Peace.

No comments: