Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Year, New Blog

Everybody else is doing it, so I why can't I? Oh, I can? Good. Fine, I will.

I thought about doing a blog while I was pregnant, but never did. I thought about starting it once Ben was born, but never did. So, I guess a new year is motivation for me. Besides, I haven't been scrapbooking and I'm forgetting Ben's firsts, so this can be a good way for me to write them down. I don't have time to scrapbook, but I can use the computer while Ben is nursing so hopefully I'll be better.

I chose crankybaby as the name of the site because Ben is sick right now and he's a bit cranky. Ben's quite the needy guy. Day Care thinks I hold him to much. I really don't think I do. He just wants attention all the time. J.R. and I have always called him "needy boy", even when he was weeks old. I decided today that maybe I do pick him up too much, but I don't care. I'm his mom so I can, right? I just hate to hear him cry. He's exhausting though. My apartment is a mess because I don't have time to myself so I can clean. Oh well. His new thing is he doesn't want to sleep in his crib. He'll fall asleep on me when he's done nursing, and comfortably stay there as long as I let him. However, as soon as I put him down in his crib, he wakes up. I'm hoping it's because he's been sick...first it was a stomach virus, now it's RSV. Gosh, I hope he gets over it soon. I can't keep getting up every hour. J.R. and I decided it's probably best Ben stay home from Day Care one more day to make sure he's feeling better.

Ben's not cranky all the time though. In fact, he's usually pretty happy (except since he's been sick). While I was typing this, J.R. had him cracking up laughing. Then he put him in the Jolly Jumper and you've got to check out this video - it's hysterical. Note the Irish music in the background (thank you Avalon String Band Mummers) - it so adds to the jumping.

Happy New Year everyone! May God bless you with love, good health and happiness this year!

No comments: